Step 1: Get the Gear
Mastering GP-Pro EX: - Begin with our Learning Center to find tutorials and video training modules. Download a Sample Project to quickly get connected to your device. View answers to customer's questions in our Knowledgebase. Scroll through Application Notes for solutions on specific issues.
1. HERO8 Black
Webcams for mac mini. 2. A USB-C cable (the one that came with your GoPro, for example)
3. Your computer
4. A GoPro mounting option, which leads us to Step 2
PRO TIP: Make sure your HERO8 Black is running the latest camera firmware, available here or prompted when paired to the GoPro app.
Step 2:Set Up the Point of View
GoPro Webcam is compatible with all existing GoPro mounts, so you can get creative with points of view. Yes, you can achieve a standard webcam view by using the Magnetic Swivel Clip to attach the GoPro to your monitor or set up a Shorty tripod on your desk. But this is a GoPro, so use it like a GoPro! Get creative, have fun and try something new. Some of our favorites are:
1. Jaws Flex Clamp – This bendable, clampable mount can provide an over-the-shoulder view if you’re doing a training where it’s helpful to see your screen.
2. Magnetic Swivel Clip – The magnet part of this mount is clutch for getting creative. Want to go live from under the hood of your car? Or chat with the fam while cooking? This magnetic will securely attach to your range hood, and any metal surface for that matter.
3. Suction Cup – Much like the first two, the GoPro Suction Cup can stick to a surface like a window or shelving unit to provide a webcam POV unlike any other.
4. Gooseneck – Combine the Gooseneck with any of the aforementioned mounts (or any GoPro mount with a quick release base) and, voila, you have an extra-long, extra-bendy extension arm to loop and wiggle into any position. No hard-to-reach place will go unseen!
Step 3: Install and Launch the GoPro Webcam Desktop Utility
1. Download the GoPro Webcam desktop utility software to your computer, available here.
PRO TIP: GoPro Webcam desktop utility is currently available for macOS and as a beta for Windows users.
2. A GoPro icon will now appear in your status bar.GP-Pro EX Ver. 3.01.100 or earlier