Unitek USB 3.0 to IDE and SATA Converter External Hard Drive Adapter Kit for Universal 2.5/3.5 HDD/SSD Hard Drive Disk, One Touch Backup Function and Restore Software, Included 12V/2A Power Adapter 4.5 out of 5 stars 2,341. Plug and play Support hot swapping, easy and tool-free installation. No drivers or software needed. What We Offer Unitek USB 3.0 to SATA Adapter x1, 12V 2A Power Adapter x 1, 2.6 ft USB 3.0 Cable x 1; 2-year warranty quality guarantee, 24h friendly customer service and email support.USB-RS232 Serial Converter Driver Download
Windows 7 64-bit & 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit & 32-bit, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows 98
Important note regarding Windows 7 and Vista:
The driver MUST be installed 'as Administrator'
Right-click the downloaded EXE file and choose Run as administrator
Download the Windows installer for the USB RS-232 adaptor:
Download for Windows 7/Vista/XP (32-bit)
Download for Windows 7/Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
If for some reason the above driver does not work, try one of the following:
Download for Windows 7/Vista/XP (32-bit and 64-bit - Alternate driver)
Download for Windows XP, 2000, 98/ME (32-bit only)
For older cables (purchased prior to October, 2010):
Download for Windows 7/Vista/XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
Download for Windows Vista (32-bit only)
Run the installer, then after rebooting, plug the USB end of the adapter into one of the USB ports on the computer.
NOTE: For Windows 7, please use RC build 7100 or RTM Final version. (Installer program will not run on early Windows 7 or Beta versions)
Check the software driver installation
1) Open the Device Manager dialog from Control Panel
2) Click the plus sign (+) next to 'Ports'.
3) If the device is properly installed, 'Serialio.com USB Serial Port' or 'Prolific USB-to-Serial COM Port' will be displayed.
The software driver is properly installed, but the USB-RS232 adaptor does not work as expected
One of the common reasons that software may not work as expected with a USB-Serial adaptor when the devcie is properly installed, is many older programs (and even some new ones) only support a limited number of COM ports (e.g. only COM1 - COM4)
If the USB-RS232 adapter is installed as COM5, it may need to be reassigned to COM1 - COM4 to work with some software.
The following outlines how to to reassign the COM port on Windows XP/2K/Me/98SE
1) Follow steps 1-3 of 'Check the software driver installation'above.
2) Right-click on the 'Prolific USB to Serial Port', then click Properties
3) Click on the 'Port Settings' tab. Click the 'Advanced' button.
4) In the 'COM Port Number' drop-down select the desired port number. For example if the software requires COM2, select COM2. Note the COM port must have '(in use)' listed next to it, if it does then another device with that name is already installed in the system. After selecting the desire port number, click 'OK.'
5) Click 'OK' again, and the device will show up as being on the same COM port that it was before (i.e., COM5), but should show up on the selected port name when the Device Manager dialog is closed and opened again.
6) Close the Device Manager. Launch the software to use with the new COM port.
Windows 2000, Me, and 98 SE (Second Edition)
1) Follow steps 1 2 of 'Check the software driver installation'above. Doki doki literature club download mac free.
2) Right-click on the 'Prolific USB to Serial Port', then click Properties.
3) Click on the 'Port Settings' tab. Click the 'Advanced' button.
4) Uncheck 'Use automatic settings'.
5) Select 'Input/Output range'. Click on 'Change Settings'.
6) Type '02E8-02EF' in the Value box. This value will change the port to COM 4. If COM 4 is in use, you must choose another port. The values for each port are.
7) Enter the value, then click OK. Click OK again, then click Yes when the 'Creating a Forced Configuration' window appears. Click OK.
8) Restart the computer. The Device Manager can be checked, to see the COM port change.
Note: Adaptor may not be exactly as pictured above.
Dec 21, 2020 • Filed to: USB Recovery • Proven solutions
Have you ever had difficulty connecting your devices to your computer using a Prolific USB to Serial adapter? If yes you are lucky to find this page, it will give you all the information need to fix an unresponsive Serial driver adapter. You may have noticed a yellow exclamation mark hovering over or beside the USB to Serial Driver when searching your Device Manager and if you have we can all agree that it signifies a prevailing problem.
If you are not able to connect your device to your PC using a USB to Serial adapter it may be that
While you can't be so sure what the exact problem is there are solutions you can adopt to fix the issue once and for all. Read on to find quick fixes to resolve the problem.
Updating your drivers often work wonders for your system because it makes sure that it runs on the latest features that guarantee maximum functionality. Unfortunately updating your drivers can cause this kind of error especially if your latest update does not work too well with your hardware. Once you upgrade your PC to the latest Windows version your Prolific USB to Serial Driver also updates to the latest driver software and if the driver is not compatible with your Hardware issues may arise. To correct the error, you will have to download the driver again by following these steps.
Driver issues reveal themselves in so many ways or through messages such as
A code 10 error may arise because the chip you are using is not an original one. If you are using a fake, the manufacturer has a way of disabling it due to copy write infringement and the copy write takes effect once you download a recent update. To protect your PC from getting this code, you will have to make sure that your Windows 10 never updates a driver without approval. Updates come in the form of 64 bit and 32-bit drivers. Below we will show you how to work your way around the problem.
To fix Windows 64 bit OS including Prolific USB to Serial Adapter, follow through these steps.
If you have followed these process through and you still see the same error go to your device manager
For Windows 32-bit OS systems follow these steps
To Troubleshoot for error if your device still does not work
If the driver was not installed, remove the Serial adapter then run 'PL2303_Driver_Installer.exe' again. Follow directions in Device Manager to download the correct driver
The three solutions listed in this article have proven to be quite helpful in fixing a Prolific USB to Serial driver not working on Windows 10. They may appear confusing at first but if you follow each step in detail you can resolve the issue.